Apollo Expansion Project 2023 - New Engineering Workshop in Tamworth
Monday 28 August 2023
In a significant step towards growth and progress, Apollo Engineering has recently celebrated the successful completion of its ambitious Site Expansion project. This endeavour, aimed at increasing our advanced manufacturing capabilities and providing floor space for the next 10 years of growth has not only showcased the organization’s dedication to excellence but also highlighted its commitment to meeting the evolving needs of its stakeholders.
The project was driven by our vision to expand our capacity to grow both our domestic and export markets with our Apollo Parts Cleaning Equipment, Biofeed Food Waste Processing Equipment as well as grow our capacity to offer contract manufacturing services to other OEM’s. Through meticulous planning, collaboration, and innovative solutions, the team has achieved remarkable outcomes that are set to shape the future of Apollo Engineering
Key Features of the Project:
The project’s key features include
- The signing of a long-term lease on the 1700m² facility next door (4000m² total size),
- Upgrade of the power supply to the shed (200amp upgrade)
- Construction of high efficiency welding bays, including 5 overhead 1 Tonne cranes
- Purchase of a second 12kw Bystronic Fiber laser with auto loading/unloading systems.
- installation of a 15,000L Liquid Nitrogen Storage tank
- The purchase of a Bystronic Xpert 80 CNC Press Brake
- Upgrade of electrical power supplies and distribution boards to cater for the new equipment.
- Moving the Fabrication area from the existing 1000m² facility into the new facility without interruption to production.
- Arrival of 8 skilled workers from the Philippines
The success of the project would not have been possible without the collective efforts of our team of dedicated staff and network of trusted business partners. Special mention goes to Bystronic Australia, Callinan Electrical and Scott Henry Constructions. Their focus and collaboration were pivotal in ensuring the project’s smooth execution and timely completion.
Achievements and Impact:
With the successful completion of the project, our enhanced facilities and expanded capabilities and capacity are set to usher in a new era of value and excellence for our customers, reaffirming our unwavering commitment to delivering the highest quality Australian made products and services. This milestone cements Apollo Engineering’s position as a frontrunner in the use of advanced manufacturing equipment and sets the stage for even greater achievements in the future.